MTOR 1.3 Release Notes
(note: see also glimpse, and previous
MTOR release notes).
Summary of Changes to MTOR 1.3
Changes in 1.3 B04
- Fixed bug where vertex variables were incorrectly emitted
for subdivision surface objects.
- Added scripting command for obtaining full pathname to
master appearance. See Scripting commands
for more information. See command: mtor appearance master -abs.
Changes in 1.3 B03
- Support for primary visiblity attribute
- Don't render particles participating in soft body dynamics
- Fixed bug where spotlights with attached cameras would not
Changes in 1.3 B02
- Fixed bug in standalone MTOR mode where project searchpaths were
not correctly set. This was due to new Maya 2.0 behavior not correctly
setting current project directory until after a file had been completely
Changes in 1.3 B01a
A couple of minor bugs were introduced with the B01 release
that were important enough to fix quickly.
- Fixed bug where polygons rendered black.
- Fixed bug where searchpath entries were not correctly
seperated by a colon.
Changes in 1.3 B01
- Updated internal RAT programming version number to 330.
- No longer do we store referenced appearances in the referencing
- Fixed bug where using "Once-per-job" shadows or reference geometry
caused a runup from frame zero to current frame.
- Fixed shdmap bug on O2 machines.
- Fixed bug parsing .sli files. Now you can have defaults
for strings and texture parameters.
- Added support for default parameter expressions in .sli file.
- Added new TCL expression: txmake. This simply converts a
pathname to a source image into a canonical form. No
texture conversion is performed by this proc.
- MTOR now output RiCoordinateSystem for all MtorCoordSysShapes.
Note that only the shape node and not its parent transform
makes it to the RIB file. You can now refer to a coordinate system
shape by name as a string shader parameter.
- Changed default naming for MtorCoordSysShapes. Now they're more likely
to be unique. To be completely sure and avoid coordinate system
name conflicts, you should still rename the shape nodes to a
scene-wide unique name.
- Fixed problems associated with light links.
- Added support for the RenderGlobals: shadowObeyLightLinks attribute.
- Added new scripting variable SEARCHPATHS which contains a
space-separated list of directories in the project searchpaths.
- No longer do we save referenced appearances in the MTOR partition.
Maya scene filesizes are reduced significantly if the scene refers
to apeparances from other files.
- Glimpse now displays the namespace associated with referenced
- Added support for colored mesh vertices. Now you can use artisan
to paint vertex colors for meshes and subdivs.
- Added new mel scripting commands to control project location
and searchpaths. Available via the
- Fixed particles with Maya 2.0. Internal Maya attribute
had been renamed from renderType to particleRenderType.
- Glimpse temporary palette files can now be redirected. Prior releases
automatically opened these temporary files in the
directory. Glimpse now support more standard Unix convention.
In priority, highest to lowest, Glimpse will use the following:
- directory as defined by GLIMPSE_TMPDIR environment
- directory as defined by TMPDIR environment variable.
- system wide temporary directory as defined by
P_tmpdir variable in
stdio.h header file.
- Fixed bug where penumbraAngle was not correctly output to
RIB file, when penumbraAngle was exactly equal to 0.0.
- Fixed bug where Glimpse would not load shaders relative to
the MTOR/Maya project directory.
- Fixed bug where relative texture references were incorrectly
returned with first character being truncated.
magicSurf shader bump scaling to
allow user to select the scaling space. Shader now supports
"world" or "object" in addition to the default "shader"
space for bump scaling.
- A change has been made in which the MTOR standalone executable
is linked. This change causes MTOR to ignore the /usr/aw/maya
symbolic link, and to always try MAYA_LOCATION when
loading the Maya libraries during initialization
- Updated MTOR subdivision surface visualization plugin to work with
Pixar Animation Studios
(510) 752-3000 (voice)
(510) 752-3151 (fax)
Copyright © 1996-
Pixar. All rights reserved.
RenderMan® is a registered trademark of Pixar.