- A new RIBGen mode (archive-objects) archives all scene objects
into separate RIB archive files, reducing I/O overhead of
RIB generation. RIBGen speedups on the order of 10x-100x are
- Support for RenderMan Pro Server 12 and 12.5 features
- New subsurface scattering workflow
- Display Channel directives
- Basic control over Loop Subdivision Surface
- Dicing Camera and Strategies
- Support for Maya hierarchical subdivision surfaces.
- Support for customizable
spool modes and, in conjunction
with new Slim templates, a generalized baking workflow.
- MTOR now has built-in fur and hair support.
- Now available for Apple OS X.
- Full support for Maya 6.5 and 6.0, and, in version 6.5.1, minimal support for Maya 7.0, including smooth subdivision creasing.
- Fixes for missing detail in input primvars.
- Unrecognized file extensions in the reference map generator no longer result in failures.
- Miscellaneous improvements to the shader compiler have addressed empty render swatches and erroneous warnings.
- An issue with naming a lightsource shader with the name frame in the front that would crash Maya has been fixed.
- An issue with motion blurred blobby particles has been fixed.
- An issue with setting torRIBs to a local directory on a remote machine, using frame or superframe chunking mode and using remote RIB generation has been fixed.
- An issue with syntax errors in shdmap constrcuts that would crash Maya has been fixed.
- An issue with rendering shadow maps with mtor subdivison surfaces in sets has been fixed.
- An issue with MTOR not stopping RIBExport when a valid camera was not specified has been fixed.
- An issue with the depth mask map generator not respecting camera motion blur and pixel aspect ratio has been fixed.
- To accommodate the removal of the Advanced Fur Rendering menu item in Maya 7.0, there is
a new RenderMan menu item, Fur Files..., for creating fur files.
- MTOR emits metrics correctly when the RIBGenMetrics pref is set in the mtor.ini file.
- An issue with attaching/detaching shadingmodel_aov types from geometry via MEL scripts
has been fixed.
- An issue with using archive-rib RIB style and lazy geometry acceleration has been fixed.
- Preflight commands are now done remotely when doing distrenders.
- All display channels in the RenderMan globals are properly added when loading scenes
created prior to RAT version 6.5.
- Fixes and enhancements have been made to the MTOR invisibility (mtorInvis) attribute. When located on non-shape nodes it is now interpreted as a prune-tree signal. When located on shape nodes it signals template behavior that allows assignment of RIB generators, among other things. A new attribute, mtorPrune, has been added to clarify the distinction between MTOR-specific "template-like" behavior and true pruning. Currently mtorPrune is only supported on non-shape nodes and causes MTOR to ignore all DAG descendents of the pruned node. This is useful to accelerate the RIBgen process.
- A bug that caused problems on Windows with launching renders when in MTOR batch mode, because of blank spaces in the RMANTREE's value, has been fixed.
- A bug with the wrong ScreenWindow setting being emitted during an environment map pass has been fixed.
- A bug where primitive attributes weren't being properly cached when using archive-objects RIB style has been fixed. This prevented primitives such as curves from rendering properly.
- A bug where the ultraFur RIB generator plugin on Mac OSX was trying to load the libImage lib from the wrong directory has been fixed.
- A bug which caused small polygons to render with the incorrect density of fur has been fixed.