Converting Legacy Palettes
The format of palette files
written by Slim 7 differs from that of
previous versions. For the most part, Slim 7 will be able to read
palettes written by previous versions of Slim. These attributes, however,
will be lost in the translation:
- Icons : Appearance icons (i.e. the rendered preview swatches)
have a different resolution in 7. Icons in legacy palettes are
discarded when loaded into Slim 7.
- Graph Work Areas : The Network View is completely
new in Slim 7, so data regarding Graph Work areas are discarded.
- Window Information : Palettes previously stored
window geometry. Because of the one-window nature of Slim 7,
this information is ignored.
- Collected Appearances : With the advent of Packages
and Smart Palettes, appearances are no longer collected
within one another. Any collected appearances in legacy palettes
will be "exploded."
- Bundles : Bundles have been replaced by Packages in Slim 7.
As above, bundles in legacy palettes will be exploded.
Palettes saved by Slim 7 can not be read by previous versions of Slim.
When saving a palette created by a previous version, Slim will ask if you'd
like to first make a backup.
Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar. All rights reserved.
Pixar® and RenderMan® are registered trademarks of Pixar.
All other trademarks are the properties of their respective holders.